Ta’an Kwäch’än youth are invited to participate in a Millennial Town Hall territorial-wide youth forum, a three-day event scheduled from Sunday, February 25 to Tuesday February 27, 2018 at the Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre.
On Sunday, February 25, youth in attendance will hold some hard discussions on specific topics with their peers on the issues as follows:
• Upcoming legislation and legalization of marijuana,
• Dangers of fentanyl and impacts of opioid use,
• Youth homelessness,
• Mental wellness, and,
• Prostitution/human trafficking/sexual health.
Days two and three, Monday, February 26 and Tuesday, February 27 will include;
• A round-house forum in which youth will engage in workshops and round table discussions concerning community involvement, leadership skills and mental wellness.
• On the morning of February 27, 2018, youth will be formulating questions for the Millennial Town Hall for leadership. Confirmed guest leaders include: Premier Sandy Silver, Mayor Dan Curtis, Chief Kristina Kane and Grand Chief Peter Johnston and Chief Doris Bill.
• Additionally, in the Kwanlin Dün Multi-Purpose Room tables will display youth services, information, job opportunities, employment programs and local projects in which youth can participate.
Anyone who is interested in attending is encouraged to contact the event coordinators Paige Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cheyenne Bradley at Cheyenne.Bradley@kdfn.net. Additional information for the event is available at: https://www.shakat.ca/events/town-hall/.