North American Indigenous Games 2017
The North American Indigenous Games invites Yukon Aboriginal youth to submit an application to participate in the cultural program at The North American Indigenous Games in Toronto, Ontario. July 16 – 23, 2017.
The Games are a great occasion to bring together bright and young artists from each contingent to share their talents, originality and creativity with the community and other games participants. It is also an opportunity for participants to perform in a variety of settings in a Games environment.
To be eligible, interested candidates must:
- Be born in 1998 and later
- Be a non-professional artist
- Agree to be present for the entire duration of the Games (July 16-23 )
- Abide by all the rules of the host society
- Work cooperatively in a team environment
Expectations at the Games
The Yukon cultural team will:
- Perform publicly as scheduled and determined by the Host Society – i.e. award ceremonies, games venues, athletes’ village and community venues.
- Participate in all activities including workshops and rehearsals prepared by the Host Society.
- Possibly take part in gala performance(s).
Participants of the program will be provided meals and accommodation from Toronto 2017 NAIG for the duration of the Games; with travel costs to Toronto to be at the Cultural team’s expense.
Cultural Contingent Program participants will be housed in the Athletes Villages. Depending on overall numbers, if the Athletes Villages are at capacity, other suitable accommodations will be arranged (ie, hotel).
- Fill out an application form and send it back to Tara Wardle by the deadline.
- Applications are available from the Yukon Aboriginal Sport Circle website (www.yasc.ca) or by contacting Tara Wardle (see contact below).
- Applications must be returned by fax (867-393-6416) or by e-mail (email@example.com)
2. Applications will be reviewed and validated by Yukon First Nation Culture and Tourism